Documenting Citrix XenDesktop 5.x with Microsoft PowerShell V1.1
While developing the Citrix XenDesktop 7.x documentation script, I added several enhancements, cleaned up the verbose console output and added aliases to some of the parameters. With the help of Eduardo Molina, a Delivery Group Utilization chart has been added.
There are four new parameters:
- NoPolicies, excludes all policy information from the output document.
- NoAdPolicies, excludes all Active Directory Citrix based policies.
- Hardware, adds hardware information for the Controller(s).
- DeliveryGroupUtilization, inserts a chart for Delivery Group utilization. Excel is required for this feature.
If both Policies and NoPolicies are used, preference is given to NoPolicies.
If Policies is specified and the Citrix.GroupPolicy.COmmands.psm1 module cannot be loaded, the script will abort.
Aliases have been added for the following parameters:
- Policies (Pol)
- NoPolicies (NP)
- NoADPolicies (NoAD)
- Hosting (Host)
- Hardware (HW)
- DeliveryGroupUtilization (DGU)
- AddDateTime (ADT)
The help text has been updated.
If DeliveryGroupUtilization is used, the script verifies Excel is installed. If Excel is not installed, the script aborts. If Excel is installed, the script makes sure Excel is not currently running in the user’s session.
This new option uses the Get-BrokerDesktopUsage cmdlet. The help text for the cmdlet says desktop usage data is deleted after 7 days but my lab contains almost 60 days of data.
Sample charts from my lab.
NOTE: This script is continually updated. You can always find the most current version by going to https://carlwebster.com/where-to-get-copies-of-the-documentation-scripts/
Thanks and enjoy