Citrix Provisioning Services Health Check Script Update Version 1.11
Received an email from a new script user last week. He was running the new PVS Assessment script V1.10 and sent me his output file. After looking at his output, I noticed several things that could be improved. Thanks WR for the time spent in helping make this script even better.
#Version 1.11 12-Sep-2016
- Added an alias AA for AdminAddress to match the other scripts that use AdminAddress
- Added output to appendixes to show if nothing was found
- Added checking for $ComputerName parameter when testing PVS services
- Changed the “No unassociated vDisks found” to “<None found>” to match the changes to the other Appendixes
- Fixed an issue where Appendix I was not output
- Fixed error message in output when no PVS services were found (said No Bootstraps found)
- If remoting is used (-AdminAddress), check if the script is being run elevated. If not, show the script needs elevation and end the script
- Removed all references to $ErrorActionPreference since it is no longer used
For the Active Directory documentation script V2.0, I added a check that is certain parameters are used, the script must be run from an elevated PowerShell session. I added that check now to all the PVS scripts. If the -AdminAddress parameter is used, check if the script is being run elevated. If not, display a message and end the script.
You can always find the most current script by going to https://carlwebster.com/where-to-get-copies-of-the-documentation-scripts/