Citrix Provisioning Services 7.x Documentation Script Update Version 5.13 (aka The Jim Moyle Update)
I was minding my own business, doing an Active Directory migration in Phoenix when all the madness started. I started getting a flood of emails from some bloke in England (who claims to be one of my sons) about “bugs” in the PVS script. Upon further investigation, I found out he was right and much to my surprise, there were some bugs in the PVS script. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I slaved away all hours of the night and day, weekdays and weekends until this bloke was finally satisfied. You would have thought someone claiming to be my son would have at least given me a Ginger Ale break, but all he kept saying was “No Ginger Ale for you!”. Well, this “son” of mine is fellow CTP Jim Moyle who spent all his time in the pubs while I slaved away. I believe I fixed all the issues Jim reported.
Version 5.13 30-Mar-2017 (aka The Jim Moyle Update)
- Added “Store free space” (reported by Jim Moyle)
- Changed checking for PVS version -eq 7.12 to -ge 7.12 to catch 7.13 and later versions (reported by Jim Moyle)
- Fixed numerous HTML output issues (found when fixing other bugs reported by Jim Moyle)
- Fixed PersonalityStrings for Managed vDisks (reported by Jim Moyle)
- Fixed the remaining $Var -eq $Null issues by changing them to $Null -eq $Var (found when fixing other bugs reported by Jim Moyle)
- Fixed the vDisk Update, Update limit property not showing in the output
- Fixed wording for Word output for “Default write-cache paths”, was “Default store path”
- Fixed wrong cmdlet being used for getting vDiskUpdateDevice status (reported by Jim Moyle)
- For Store properties, for Word/PDF/HTML output, changed the text “Store owner” to “Site that acts as the owner of this store” to match the PVS console
- Updated help text
Most of these items were simple to fix. The “Store free space” took a bit of thought (which I am capable of at least once a month). The main stumbling block was if the Store used local storage. That meant that the “Store free space” could be different on every PVS server. The PVS console reports, for a Store using local storage, the free space only for the server the console connects to. In the script, all the PVS servers are processed and the server that hosts a local storage Store is queried for its free space. The report output lists each server name and free space for local storage and uses the server specified with the AdminAddress parameter for all other Store types.
You can always find the most current script by going to https://carlwebster.com/where-to-get-copies-of-the-documentation-scripts/