A Connection Could Not Be Established With The Specified Database when Setting Up Citrix XenApp Configuration Logging
August 8, 2011
When executing the “Configure Database” wizard for a XenApp farm, the following error is given (Figure 1):
A connection could not be established with the specified database
Unknown error occurred: error code 0x8200003e
This error happens with all current versions of XenApp:
- XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2003 both 32-bit and 64-bit
- XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008 both 32-bit and 64-bit
- XenApp 6 for Windows Server 2008 R2
- XenApp 6.5 for Windows Server 2008 R2
This error is easily fixed. The cause of the error is a mismatch in the default encryption settings between the Configuration Logging database and the Configuration Logging configuration settings. The default setting for Use encryption in the
Configuration Logging Database configuration wizard is Yes as shown in Figure 2.
The default setting for encryption for the database in SQL Server is False as shown in Figure 3 and Figure 4.
If you want to use Configuration Logging in your XenApp farm, you only have two options.
- Change the option in the Configuration Logging Database wizard to No and leave the Encryption Enabled option for the database to False as shown in Figure 5 and Figure 6.
- Leave the option in the Configuration Logging Database wizard to Yes and change the Encryption Enabled option for the database to True as shown in Figure 7 and Figure 8.
If you decide to go with using database encryption, you will need to work with your database administrator to set up the proper database encryption key. Because the data contained in the Configuration Logging database typically does not require high security, in most cases, disabling encryption may be acceptable to your internal Security management; however, your internal security requirements should be verified. Please see http://tinyurl.com/DBEncryption for more information on encrypting Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Note: Oracle database support for Configuration Logging is extremely limited. Please see http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX114501 for a list of supported databases.
Whichever option you decide upon, when you click Test Database Connection (Figure 9)
You will now get a successful connection message (Figure 10).
Your Configuration Logging setup is now complete (Figure 11).