Learning the basics of Citrix XenApp 5 is a fairly easy process. However, understanding all the installation options, configuration settings, management consoles and administrative processes for all the various Citrix software and hardware components that can go into a Citrix farm can be a daunting task.
With this PDF, you will learn to:
- Create your MyCitrix.com account
- Request your evaluation license code
- Download your product license file
- Download XenApp 5 Feature Pack 2 for Server 2003
- Download XenApp 5 Feature Pack 3 for Server 2003
- Download XenServer 5.6
- Create a VM optimized for XenApp
- Install Windows Server 2003 R2 x86
- Install the prerequisites for XenApp 5 Feature Pack 2 for Server 2003, Web Interface and the Citrix License Management Console
- Update Windows Server 2003 R2 x86
- Install XenApp 5 Feature Pack 2 for Server 2003
- Update XenApp 5 for Server 2003
- Update various XenApp components to Feature Pack 3
- Create a Web Interface site and set basic configuration settings
- Create a test user account
- Publish applications
- Test access to the published applications
- Perform basic XenApp farm maintenance procedures
- Use the Altaddr method to provide insecure, unencrypted external access to published applications
- Generate an SSL certificate request, purchase an SSL certificate and complete the certificate request
- Use Citrix Secure Gateway to provide secure, encrypted access to published applications
- Create and configure a XenApp Services Site
- Publish the server’s desktop, install Adobe Flash and use an Apple iPad to access a XenApp Services site
Written by Carl Webster, CTP, CCIA, CCEE, CCEA and an Independent Consultant. Webster specializes in Citrix, Active Directory and Exchange. Webster has been working with Citrix products since 1990 starting with Multi-User OS/2.
Webster has led complex projects for key customers in multiple industries, including medical suppliers, direct mail providers, sports marketing, a major grocery chain and large regional medical facilities.
If you prefer the print version, please click the “Buy Now” button below.