Barry Schiffer and Iain Brighton are pleased to release Version 3.5 of the NetScaler documentation script.
#Version 3.5 24-Oct-2016
Most work on version 3.5 has been done by Andy McCullough!
After the release of version 3.0 in May 2016, which was a major overhaul of the NetScaler documentation script we found a few issues which have been fixed in the update.
New Script Features
The script is now fully compatible with NetScaler 11.1 released in July 2016
- Added NetScaler 11.1 Features, LSN / RDP Proxy / REP
- Added Auditing Section
- Added GSLB Section, vServer / Services / Sites
- Added Locations Database section to support GSLB configuration using Static proximity
- Added additional DNS Records to the NetScaler DNS Section
- Added RPC Nodes section
- Added NetScaler SSL Chapter, moved existing functionality and added detailed information
- Added AppFW Profiles and Policies
- Added AAA vServers
Added NetScaler Gateway functionality
- Updated NSGW Global Settings Client Experience to include new parameters
- Updated NSGW Global Settings Published Applications to include new parameters
- Added Section NSGW “Global Settings AAA Parameters”
- Added SSL Parameters section for NSGW Virtual Servers
- Added Rewrite Policies section for each NSGW vServer
- Updated CAG vServer basic configuration section to include new parameters
- Updated NetScaler Gateway Session Action > Security to include new attributed
- Added Section NetScaler Gateway Session Action > Client Experience
- Added Section NetScaler Gateway Policies > NetScaler Gateway AlwaysON Policies
- Added NSGW Bookmarks
- Added NSGW Intranet IP’s
- Added NSGW Intranet Applications
- Added NSGW SSL Ciphers
- Updated help text to match other documentation scripts
- Removed all code related to TEXT and HTML output since Barry does not offer those
- Added support specifying an output folder to match other documentation scripts
- Added support for the -Dev and -ScriptInfo parameters to match other documentation scripts
- Added support for emailing the output file to match other documentation scripts
- Removed unneeded functions
- Brought script code in line with the other documentation scripts
- Temporarily disabled the use of the UseNSSSL parameter
Because Barry’s Version 3.5 of the script uses the Nitro API, Barry asked me to only release a Signed version of the script. Please only use the script when the signed script is validated just so you know the script has not been altered.
As the documentation script only reads information there is no risk in using the script. However we advise to use a read only account for the script, according to security best practices it’s common sense to use least privileges for service accounts.
You can always find the most current script by going to http://carlwebster.com/where-to-get-copies-of-the-documentation-scripts/
Webster, Barry and Iain